Engaging payors with key information on new medicinal products is critical to understanding ultimate reimbursement pricing.
Medialis uses its own novel insights-generating approach to gain this valuable information, which includes Real-World Evidence generation strategies.
Utilisation of this large body of information and evidence to inform formal pricing and reimbursement negotiations ensures Medialis obtains the optimal outcomes for its clients.
EU: Pharmaceuticals pricing and reimbursement policies in Europe
EU is a major economic area:
• Market value: €163b (€120b publically funded)
• 700,000 persons employed
• An important burden for European countries budgets
• Countries spend 1.4% of their GDP on pharmaceuticals
• Important variation among countries
EU countries do a rational selection of medicines funded out of public sources via:
• Positive lists ( = formulary):
• Definition: List of medicines that may be prescribed at the expense of the third party payer
• Practice: In 24 EU Member States (excluding DE, EL, ES, UK) – in the out-patient sector
• Additionally, hospital pharmaceutical formularies
Based on WHOCC 10/2016
We were fortunate enough to get Medialis to input into our brand plan, and align our medical and commercial activities. The clear appreciation of business needs and medical affairs influence is very rare. We’d highly recommend Medialis Ltd.
Joe McCarthy, Brand Manager